Taiwan Post Carrier Info & Tips
Taiwan Post was founded in 1886, now remaining one of the leading postal operators in Taiwan. This is a government-owned corporation that provides different types of postal services and easy online tracking. It is possible to deliver standard letters, parcels, registered mail, and express mail using Taiwan Post services. In Taiwan, there are 23 large offices and about a thousand smaller ones. So, let's find out more about Taiwan Post services.
Hybrid Mail is a quick service that makes it possible to deliver time-sensitive notices, invoices, and statements. This service is mostly used by companies, as in big companies there is always a need for sending lots of documentation. Hybrid Mail is fully computerized, so one shouldn't worry there will be some mistakes. Taiwan Post does all printing, processing, and delivering of your materials, so you won't have to waste your time on it. Key features of this service include:
- Full confidentiality of your data. Using this service, one shouldn't worry that third parties will get any information. Any personal information disclosure is strictly forbidden. All computer systems that are used are protected.
- Saving your money. You won't have to do printing, enveloping, or transporting by yourself. Taiwan Post will do everything for you, so you save your money.
- High quality. The company uses the best printing technologies, so your materials will be of the highest quality.
- Fast delivery. Mail handling and sorting are used, so be sure your items will be delivered as soon as possible (if there are any delays, you will be informed about it).
Taiwan Post Domestic and International Services
There are many services offered by Taiwan Post designed to meet people's needs. The prices, as well as the size and weight limits, are different, so let's have a look.
Domestic Letter-Post Items
This service is a good choice if you want to send letter-post items, magazines, newspapers, postcards, or small packages. Weight limits are different. The weight limit for letter-post items is 20 kilograms, for newspapers and magazines 2 kilograms. It is also possible to send postcards and small packages with a total weight of not more than 1 kilogram. Prices are different, depending on the size of your items.
Domestic Parcel Post
The weight limit for a parcel sent via this service is 30 kilograms.
It is possible to deliver parcels to Kinmen, Matsu, Tungying, Wuchiu, Ryukyu. For redirected or returned parcels, an additional fee will be charged.
Domestic Speedpost Items
The weight limit is 20 kilograms. This service is a quick way to send goods throughout Taiwan. Handling charges for postage paid by addressee equal NT$8 per item.
Domestic Facsimile Items
This service is used for documents only (size A4). The price depends on the number of pages of your document.
International Letter-Post Items
The weight limit for letters, printed papers, newspapers, and small packages is 2 kilograms. Printed papers in special bags shouldn't weight more than 25 kilograms. For Great Britain, Uzbekistan, and Kazakhstan the maximum weight per parcel is 20 kilograms. The list of destinations accessible includes:
- Hong Kong, Macao;
- Asia, Oceania;
- Europe, Africa, Central&South America;
International Parcels and EMS Items
The list of destinations for this service is really impressive. One can send parcels to the following countries:
- Sweden and many others.
The parcel shall not weight less than 50 grams. If the size or weight of a parcel is too small, it's better to use the EMS envelope.
Dangerous and Forbidden Goods
There is a list of goods prohibited for sending, as those may be dangerous. The list of forbidden goods includes:
- Explosives, like fireworks, weapons, etc.
- Dangerous gases, like butane, propane, oxygen, tear gases. Such gases as mosquito repellent and hair spray are also forbidden.
- Flammable liquids (all types of fuel, adhesives, perfume, cosmetics lotion, etc.).
- Flammable solids. Substances that emit flammable gases. Matches and lighters are forbidden.
- Such substances, as bleaches, peroxide, medical oxygen.
- Toxic substances, including pesticides, viruses, and bacteria cultures.
- Radioactives (dangerous materials, radioactive waste, etc.).
Taiwan Post Tracking Number Peculiarities
Taiwan Post tracking is a quick and easy way to watch and control a parcel at any stage of the delivery process. There are several types of Taiwan Post tracking numbers (depending on weight and type of delivery). Here are some examples:
- Rx432876291TW (for small packages);
- Cx328569432TW (for 2-20 kilograms packages);
- Ex543221875TW (for EMS-parcels).
To track Taiwan Post parcel, you have to enter your tracking number in a corresponding field on the Taiwan Post official website (or on any other website providing tracking services).
Taiwan Post Average Delivery Time
Understandably, all people want their parcels to be delivered as soon as possible. Speaking about Taiwan Post average delivery time, it may be different. The first factor determining how quickly you will get your goods is the destination. For remote areas, delivery time can be 14-60 days, while for nearby locations it usually takes up to 7 days. In any case, it is possible to watch your parcel at any time using a convenient Taiwan Post tracking system.
Taiwan Post Customer Support Department
If you have any questions about how to send or receive a parcel or don't understand how to track it, the best decision is to browse Taiwan Post official website, as there are many questions that are already answered there. If you can't find the solution to your problem there, you can contact customer support. You can call a hotline to get a quick answer, as it is available 24/7. If you want to express your opinion concerning Taiwan Post services, you can use Opinion Box and get a reply within 7 days.