Magyar Posta Carrier Info & Tips
Magyar Posta is the Hungarian postal administration, offering a variety of services, including banking, logistics, and marketing ones. This organization is an old and reliable one, as it has more than 150 years of experience and now is still providing its clients with excellent services, making it possible for people to send and receive parcels and letters quickly and safely. The company was born in 1867 but became an independent agency in 1983. So, let's have a look at the services this company offers.
- Letter service. If you are facing a necessity for sending a letter, postcard, or a picture within Hungary, Magyar Posta letter service is the best choice. This service is available everywhere, so to use it the only thing you should do is to post your mail at any post office.
- Priority service. If you need your letter to be sent as soon as possible, priority service is exactly what you need. Choosing this service, you can be sure your letter will arrive by a certain date to your addressee. This is an ideal choice for sending reminders, bills, invitations, and other important and urgent documents. Your letter will be marked with a special "priority" label.
- Telegram service. Having selected this service, one can be sure that an important message will reach the destination within several hours. Your telegram may include a picture or diagram, and you can send it from any post office in Hungary. If you choose an urgent telegram service, your letter will be delivered within 4 hours. The only minus of this service is that it is available in Hungary only.
- Hybrid letters. This service is an innovative, fast, and easy solution for letters, as you can post them directly from your computer. Because of the materials company used for production, hybrid letter service is very environment friendly and cost-efficient.
- MPL business parcel. If you want your parcel to be delivered within just one day, this service is an ideal choice. You will be able to track your parcel either on a company's website or via mobile application. Delivery options vary as well, as you can choose either a specific address or collection point, whatever seems more convenient for you. At Postal Points, one can collect parcels up to 20 kilograms. Speaking about Parcel Terminals, they are accessible 24/7, and all you have to do to collect your parcel is press several buttons. The weight limit is 20 kilograms as well. As for the post offices, the weight limit here is 30 kilograms.
- MPL postal parcel. If there are no special needs about your parcel, MPL postal parcel service will suit you perfectly. This is a traditional and cost-efficient way to send parcels safely. A majority of parcels (not more than 20 kilograms weight) are delivered on the second working day. Optional services are also available, like insurance or delivery proof.
International Business Parcel: Direct Parcel Service
Direct parcel service makes it possible to send any goods throughout Hungary. The minimum size of a parcel is 120 mm x 175 mm, and the maximum is 2,000 mm. Speaking about weight, your parcel shouldn't weight more than 20 kilograms. As a rule, parcels are delivered by the end of the next working day.
- International letter/postcard service. This service allows people to send different letters of up to 2 kilograms simply and conveniently. Fast delivery is also possible, as well as delivery confirmation (if your item is super important and you want to know it is delivered). Value insurance is available. Besides, it is possible to use a price calculator on the Magyar Posta website to calculate the postage fee.
- International EMS express mail. If you need to send an urgent mail abroad, this service is exactly what you need. There are 114 countries available. If you live in Hungary, you can even send your parcel from your door. Those looking for extra safety can utilize mail insurance. Magyar Posta tracking is also available, so it won't be a problem to watch the parcel.
- International prepaid envelope. Those who send letters abroad regularly will certainly be interested in this service. There are many different prepaid envelopes one can order in a webshop of Magyar Posta. Price changes will not affect you if you are utilizing this service. Besides, there are no weight restrictions.
- International postal parcel. This service is a reliable way of sending parcels abroad safely and cost-efficiently. If your parcel is not an urgent one, this service will certainly help you save your money. It is available at all post offices accepting parcels. Parcel insurance is available. The fees are different for different regions.
- Europe+parcel. This service is available both for private and business clients. There are about thirty European countries available. This service is a very flexible one, as it is possible to use it with different extra services. Magyar Posta tracking is available, making it possible to monitor the route of your parcel. Your parcel will get insurance to be perfectly safe. If you have three or more items to send, you can use a free pick-up service from home.
- MPL Europe Standard. This reliable parcel service makes it possible to send parcels to nine countries in Europe, including Belgium, Germany, Slovakia, Slovenia, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Austria, Czech Republic, Poland. The basic price for this service includes parcel insurance, Magyar Posta track, delivery on Saturday, and addresse notification.
Magyar Posta Tracking Number Peculiarities
Nowadays a majority of postal services offer their clients an opportunity to track their parcels throughout the entire way. It's super helpful to have such an option, as being able to check the current status of the parcel one doesn't have to worry that the parcel will get lost somewhere. Choosing Magyar Posta, you will also be able to use Magyar Posta tracking.
You can watch your parcel either on the official website or via the mobile application (available for downloading). The tracking function is completely free, so you won't have to pay a penny for it. Tracking is available for domestic parcels, letters, and also for some of the international services. Domestic letters tracking number looks like RL or El, followed by a line of digits. So, here are some examples of tracking numbers for domestic letters:
And this is how Magyar Posta tracking number looks like for domestic parcels:
Average Delivery Time
The average delivery time depends on a variety of factors, like the destination and service you have chosen. As a rule, domestic letters/parcels are delivered very quickly (the next day, or even the same day for some services). Speaking about other countries, the delivery time also depends on the country and service itself. Using some of the international services offered by the company, you can get your parcel delivered in 3-5 working days (express services), while having selected other ones, you'll have to wait a little bit longer (up to 14 days).
Customer Support Department
If you have any problems sending/receiving your parcel, the Magyar Posta customer support department can help you solve any problem you might have faced. There are different phone numbers for different customers and services (private customers, business customers, Europe services, local services, etc.), so it's better to check those on the official website. You can also write an e-mail, but be ready to wait for the response for several days. Besides, you can find lots of frequently asked questions on a Magyar Posta website, so browse it to make sure your question hasn't been already answered.